- The school follows the Blackburn Diocesan Syllabus for RE which is completely compliant with the expectations set out in the CofE statement of entitlement. We encourage children to engage with the ‘BIG questions’ and in so doing both grow in their knowledge of the Christian faith as well as other world religions but also to reflect on faith and how it speaks to them as an individual. As a single class intake school we can follow the scheme sequentially and as such we know that it is well-sequenced and includes the correct amount of coverage of Christianity alongside other world faiths.
- There is a dedicated RE lesson in very class every week along with additional RE sessions within themed weeks / focus days / linked to key times and seasons.
- Displays around school reflect the importance of RE as a subject within school
- The school governors (via the Worship and Ethos group) also monitor the quality of provision
- The content / units taught are reviewed regularly to ensure the overview remains relevant (last revision Summer 2023).
The subject leader for RE is Mrs Jo Jennings.