Listen, learn, love and laugh as part of God's family
Our theme for this week is, 'Please look after this bear!'
What is a bear? Where do bears live? What do they eat? Finding answers to some of these key questions will ensure you are well prepared when you meet lots of bears this week!
Listen and join in with the Paddington Bear theme song by Gary Barlow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88iW9GBBVhs
Read and find out about different types of bear:
- Sun bear https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/animals-and-nature/bears/sun-bear/
- Spectacled bear https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/animals-and-nature/bears/spectacled-bear/
- Sloth bear https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/animals-and-nature/bears/sloth-bear/
Following on from your predictions made on Thursday, if you wish to find out what happens in two of the stories, read and listen to the links here:
- The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph64sLTM61w
- Goldilocks and Just One Bear by Leigh Hodgkinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCtnfJzxLM
Find out why children all over the world are putting teddy bears in their windows, by watching Newsround
– Kids Go Hunting for Teddy Bears: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/52124055
After watching this, you may decide to put one of your own teddy bears in a window!
Other stories with bear characters that you wish to look out for:
- Leaf by Sandra Dieckmann
- A Boy and a Bear and a Boat by Dave Shelton